Blog Archive

This post contains links to products on Amazon. If you purchase items through these links, I receive a small percentage of every sale.

Land, Air, and Water Vehicles

Are you looking for simple land, air, and water vehicles activities for young children? These ideas were a huge hit with our young ones.

It can be extremely difficult to present with vehicle themed activities that don't distract from the learning process. 

I was super excited that these vehicle themed activities encouraged learning, used tangible objects, and incorporated an interest the kids have.

Land, Air and Water Vehicles Activities for Kids

Land, Air and Water Vehicles


This week marks the last week of our vehicle unit.  Hooray for me!  The boys will be sad though I'm sure.  To wrap our unit up we focused on the difference between land, air, and water vehicles.  This way we could include any and all vehicles we've not talked about during the month so far.

Vehicle Spelling Activity


Vehicle Spelling Activity


I loved these letter print outs and decided to create words with one copy so the kids could match up the letters, if they weren't ready to spell the words themselves.  

If they were ready to spell the words themselves, I loved that the letters had pictures on them, so they knew what letters to use for each word.

Source:  I found these printables at Homeschool Creations.

Vehicle Books for Young Readers


Vehicle Books for Young Readers


Dinomite is doing so well with his reading, I decided to put a reading activity on the shelves.  He did so well with it!  I love having access to our local public library system!

Vehicle Patterns


Vehicle Patterns

All of the kids are fabulous at finishing a pattern that's already established, so I decided to go a step further and have them create their own patterns from the start.  I found the vehicle erasers at our local dollar store.  They all did a fabulous job!

Land, Air & Water Vehicle Sorting


Land, Air and Water Vehicle Sort


I loved the visual concept of this activity when I saw it.  The kiddos liked it too, especially when sorting their vehicles between the three jars.  I had a blast making the vehicle cards.  There were at least six in each category.

Sources:  I found this idea at Montessori Moments.  The vehicle cards were made by me.

Land, Air, & Water Vehicle Sewing Cards


Land, Air, and Water Vehicles Sewing Cards

Source: I found these cards at our local dollar store.

Vehicle Silly Band Tweezer Activity


Vehicle Silly Band Tweezer Activity


This activity appeared trickier than it looked, which I loved.  The boys LOVED pulling out vehicle silly bands one by one, trying to figure out what shape they were, before transferring them into the other container.

Source:  This idea came from Counting Coconuts.

I love how simple and easy these activities were to put together, yet they were so inviting because they were vehicle themed activities.


If liked this post, you may also enjoy the resources below.


Airplane UnitAir Travel ActivitiesBoat UnitConstruction Site Printable Pack Construction Site Math Printable Pack Construction Site Language Printable Pack


No comments:

Post a Comment